Accounts Assistant - Grassicks BMW
40 hours Perth Full Time
Grassicks BMW Perth
Salary up to £25,000
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- Accurate maintenance of the purchase, sales and nominal ledgers and the cashbook.
- Ensure the application of Group accounting policies and procedures
- Control and reconciliation of petty cash
- Periodic reconciliation of ledger accounts
- Compilation of the monthly payment run and ad hoc cheques as necessary
- Preparation of year end audit schedules
- Matching of purchase orders to invoices
- General filing and other housekeeping tasks.
- To adhere to all ISO9002 procedures
- Maintenance of credit control process.
- Compilation of daily branch banking
- Supervising the authorisation of invoices.
- Production of inter group recharge invoices.
- Assisting with warranty claims.
- Periodic reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Liaise with debt recovery agencies
- Production of monthly nominal ledger account validations
- Involvement in periodic stocks checks and reconciliations
- Liaise with Branch Administration Manager in preparation of annual audit schedules and two analysis.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of sales or purchase ledger.
- Results orientated
- Financial awareness
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Proactive / Creative
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers