Apprentice Parts Person - Car Deal Warehouse Superstore Newbridge
40 hours Edinburgh Full Time
1st or 2nd year Apprentice Parts Person
Car Deal Warehouse Superstore Newbridge
Salary up to £11000 per annum for your first year - rising in line with National Minimum Wage increments with full training plans in place
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To complete a full training plan in conjunction with Eastern Western training department and in-house Management team.
- To complete work based training projects with minimum disruption to the parts department and within agreed timescales.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of vehicle service, repair and warranty policies and product changes.
- To ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
- To ensure all parts received for stock have been put away before close of business.
- To ensure you correctly select and issue motor vehicle parts to the technicians.
- Working Saturday morning within the Parts department issuing parts for the service team.
- To ensure that exchange units/parts and warranty unit/parts returned to the Parts department are clean and labelled correctly.
- To ensure that the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To be fully aware of the usual trading terms of the dealership.
- To ensure all incoming calls are answered within the department’s guidelines.
- To maintain and update displays at all times within the showroom/customer environment.
- To update the surcharge/parts returns ledger as required.
- To ensure that the procedures for handling cash, cheques and accounts are fully adhered to.
- To ensure that the security of the parts department is upheld at all times.
- To report any stock damage or stock losses to the Parts Manager/Parts Team Leader.
- To carry out stock checks as instructed.
- To ensure all parts are accurately located using the correct DMS and stock control methods.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch matters.
- To assist with warranty material and returns.
- To ensure all roll cages/boxes and packaging are available for returns.
- To adhere to all Health & Safety, QMA and Retail Standard procedures.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality and reliability
- Commitment and self confidence
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme