Apprentice Parts Person - Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh Newbridge
42.5 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Apprentice Parts Advisor
Mercedes Benz of Edinburgh, Newbridge
Salary £8944, per annum
Mercedes-Benz Edinburgh are now taking on Parts apprentices.
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the automotive industry? If so, Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh are looking for the best young talent in Scotland to join our award-winning parts team, the successful candidates will enjoy a four-year training package including three years at the awarding winning “Mercedes-Benz Apprentice Academy” dedicated to producing the best trained employees in the Industry.
Mercedes-Benz Edinburgh have a long history of developing talented staff through the apprenticeship programme and due to this we have been able to grow a dynamic cutting-edge business recognised by Mercedes, who awarded us with the prestigious Mercedes-Benz Retailer of the Year title in 2014 and 2018, together with the Customer Service Team of the Year title in 2014 & 2017 and Workshop Team of the Year in 2019.
So, if you want a great career working for an award-winning business working for one of the worlds most recognised prestigious manufacturers, with a fantastic training programme apply today and join our team.
What does the job entail?
- To ensure all customers are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- To ensure all incoming calls are answered within the department’s guidelines.
- To be fully aware of the usual trading terms of the dealership.
- To ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
- To ensure all parts received for stock have been put away before close of business.
- To ensure that the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To maintain and update displays at all times and ensure all current marketing brochures are on display within the showroom/customer environment.
- To ensure that exchange units and warranty parts returned to the Parts department are clean and labelled correctly.
- To update the surcharge/parts returns ledger as required.
- To complete work based training projects with minimum disruption to the parts department and within agreed timescales.
- To ensure that the procedures for handling cash, cheques and accounts are fully adhered to.
- To ensure that the security of the parts department is upheld at all times.
- To report any stock damage or stock losses to the Parts Manager/Parts Team Leader.
- To carry out stock checks as instructed.
- To ensure all parts are accurately located using the correct DMS and stock control methods.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch matters.
- To assist with warranty material and returns.
- To ensure all roll cages/boxes and packaging are available for return to the manufacturer.
- To adhere to all health & safety, QMA and Retail Standard procedures.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality and reliability
- Commitment and self confidence
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme