Group Facilities and Procurement Manager - Eastern Holdings Ltd
40 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Eastern Western Motor Group
Group Facilities and Procurement Manager
Salary up to £41,000 + Company Car
Due to retirement we looking for an experienced Facilities and Procurement Manager to join our team on a permanent basis. You will be based in our Broxburn office, with the responsibility to support our Group Construction Project Manager across 37 sites and 14 brands which are spread across Central Scotland, therefore a full clean driving licence is essential.
Eastern Western Motor Group represents 12 franchise brands including Mercedes Benz Passenger Cars, Vans and Trucks, BMW, MINI, Volkswagen, Honda, Nissan, Lexus, Toyota Mazda, SMART and Harley Davidson.
This is an amazing opportunity, to ensure dealerships are well maintained, safe and getting best value for money from our service contractors. In doing so you will be working for a family run company who value their employees, who in return provide state of the art facilities, competitive salary package and benefits
You will fully manage the control of contractors through our compliance hub. Take full participation in the review of contractors and contract renewal, including the introduction of new contractors. You will have a proved track record of identifying, selecting and controlling contractors You will also need to demonstrate a very “hands on” approach to your work with a sound technical knowledge with experience of managing contracts & contractors and a thorough understanding of the ‘cost of job’ and reporting.
The suitable candidate has a proven track record of managing, reporting and advising thereon, centrally controlled expenditure on a monthly and site by site basis.
What does the job entail?
Purchasing & Procurement
- To continually review and maintain Group procurement procedures to ensure maximum value for money from all non-resale suppliers.
- Continually review and maintain building fabric and equipment maintenance programmes for all sites and assist the Group Construction Project Manager (GCPM) and site managers with routine repair schedules and small refurbishments.
- Provide back up and Administration support to the Group Construction Project Manager
- EWMG participates in a buying consortium (Purchase Direct) and hold regular meetings to manage billings and report on savings/benefits covering utilities, meterings and valeting services.
- You will maintain data/records of all sub-contractor agreements/contracts making ready for when terms are to be re-negotiated.
Health and Safety
- Liaise closely with the internal H&S team to make sure our H&S policies and procedures are up to date and fit for purpose
- Liaise with internal H&S department and site managers to ensure the EWMG complies with all Health and Safety Regulations, Risk assessments and Method statements which require regular updates
- Assist site managers with investigations and rectification of H&S matter highlighted through compliance hub (T100 system).
- Review and approve authorisation of new contractors prior to working on sites and maintain/update T100 contractors control system, ensuring all contractors H&S documentation is up to date and they are authorised to work on our sites, including guidance process/procedures are being adhered to
- Assist and liaise with EWMG statutory plant inspectors and ensure matters revealed in their systems are timeously rectified, co-ordinated and reflected in through to T100.
Property Facilities and Admin
- Work closely with the GCPM and site managers to organise and oversee smaller repair works, including emergency repairs at sites ensuring all works completed timeously
- Update the documentation of maintenance schedules for all sites through T100, to ensure premises and equipment are maintained to the appropriate standard including decoration and presentation as indicated by the franchise operational guideline
- Assist GCPM with larger scale building projects and provide all appropriate admin support
- Document the registration, updating of all sites O&M manuals
- Carry out all other tasks associated with the onsite Facilities Management
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Staff Intro referral scheme