Parts Warehouse Person - Western Commercial Broxburn
40 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Western Commercial - Broxburn
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
Purpose of Job:
To be fully conversant with all Commercial Motor Trade Warehouse procedures within the Parts Department
- To ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
- To ensure correct parts picks for all Customer and van delivery orders
- To ensure all correct aspects of Fork Lift handling and operations are adhered to
- To ensure all new stock is updated with the latest supercessions on Computer and locations
- To ensure that the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness
- To ensure that old units returned to the Manufacturer are clean & drained of all oils
- To maintain a surcharge ledger, if appropriate
- To attend internal/external training courses as directed by management
- To report any stock damage or stock losses to the manager
- To assist in perpetual and annual stock checks when required
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch matters.
- To maintain good relationships with all suppliers and colleagues
- To deal with warranty material handling ,returns to Manufacturer and scrapping
- To ensure adherence to all ISO9002 procedures
- To ensure adherence to all IIP procedures
- Assistance with any other task as directed.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience within a commercial service environment, specifically HGV, would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Presentable and experience of working in a customer service environment
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced service department would be an advantage but not essential
- Ablility to work on own initiative
- Focused on customer service
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers