Product Genius - Eastern BMW
42 hours Edinburgh Full Time
BMW - Newbridge
Up to £18,000 DOE
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
The Product Genius is not a salesman but a specialist who can fascinate people with their encyclopaedic knowledge of motor vehicles. They also use innovative tools such as a tablet computer with visualisation software to configure models and explain vehicle functions directly supported by photos and videos.
A Product Genius is there to support the Sales Team and interact with customers on a product information basis by:
- Keeping abreast of the latest product information to be able to inform colleagues and customers as required.
- Providing customers with specification information about all BMW products.
- Ensuring all dealership staff are up to date on the latest product information and that their knowledge is of a high standard.
- Planning and managing the customer test drive process in conjunction with the Sales Executive and offering them product insight during the test drive appointment.
- Responsible for the preparation of the showroom, ensuring demo car selection is appropriate and that the showroom is always presentable for customers.
- Pro-actively approaching customers in the showroom and discussing product information and facts.
- Offering insight into BMW products to customers as part of the sales conversations with the Sales Executive.
- Guiding customers to the Sales Executive when interest in product purchase is expressed
What are we looking for?
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and team orientated personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop, and keep up-to-date with complex/ technical/product information.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Is a team player. Offers help and support to others.
- Clean driving licence
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme