Sales Controller - Barnetts Mazda Dundee
43 hours Dundee Full Time
Barnetts Mazda Dundee
Salary £35,000 plus commission and company car (OTE £55,000)
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- Establish and maintain a climate of total customer care.
- Carry out research to determine the departments present and future market and re-direct activities and plans accordingly.
- Create, agree and implement sales merchandising, advertising and promotion plans in consultation with Directors, General Manager, Marketing Department and Manufacturers.
- Ensure the efficient and timely operation of all administration systems and operating procedures.
- Be familiar with the company’s standing orders and conditions of employment.
- To ensure the total security of the building and articles in the department under your control.
- To purchase used vehicles for retail sale within stock limits, in conjunction with GM.
- To hold staff briefings on a regular basis and a written record kept in minute form.
- Maintain control over expenses and overheads.
- Liaise with GM on the preparation of the following years performance plans and monitor performance against plan on a monthly basis.
- Manage staff in relation to engagement, teamwork, job descriptions, rotas, appraisals, paperwork, training and health & safety.
- Engagement/Dismissal of Staff within salaries budget, recommend engagement/dismissal to General Manager.
- Authorising of sales order invoices; ensuring invoicing procedures are followed and full payment is received prior to delivery unless agreement is received from a Director.
- No authority to enter into any legal or binding contracts without consulting with General Manager.
- To ensure that all stock is maintained to a high standard and is regularly inspected and recorded.
- To ensure that all procedures relating to ISO 90002 are met.
- Ensure prospecting and follow up system is fully operational in every respect.
- Responsible for Department Operating profit, car volume, vehicle debtors, vehicle stock limited, CSI, housekeeping, vehicle documentation.
- Assistance with any other task as directed.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in similar role within the motor trade
- Results orientated
- Numeracy skills
- Smart and presentable
- Enthusiastic about customer service
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers