Valeter/Driver - Barnetts Volkswagen Dundee
39 hours Dundee Full Time
Barnetts Volkswagen Dundee
£18,252 per annum
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
General Standards for New & Used Car Preparation
- Wet vac & shampoo interiors, door checks, boot checks etc
- Wheel arches, right under front bumper, rear bumper & sills
- Removal of glue from wrap guard (new only)
- Make regular use of buff machine to removing paint defects & scratches
- Lifeshine – application of protective coatings when required
- Please report any vehicle damage to Sales Executive/Sales Manager immediately
- Prioritise vehicles due for customer delivery above all other vehicles, i.e. used car stock
- Liaise with Sales Executives and Sales Manager to ensure timely completion of vehicles for customer handover time slots when required.
- Transport vehicles to and from the compound making use of trade plates
- To help maintain the valeting area in a clean condition at all times.
- Must maintain an up-to-date knowledge on the different types of chemicals and compounds used.
- Ensure all aspects of Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to using the personal protective equipment provided
- Read and understand COSHH data sheets for all products used and adhere to the guidelines
What are we looking for?
- Driving Licence essential
- Previous experience of valeting cars to a high standard, ideally a minimum of 1-2 years
- Knowledge & experience of using a buff machine, compound materials and wet vac desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers