Workshop Controller - Western Commercial Bellshill
45 hours Bellshill Full Time
Western Commercial Bellshill
Salary £32,000 plus bonus
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
To control and manage work load whilst liaising with workshop foreman and service advisors in order to achieve labour turnover and efficiencies as required by the Company and to ensure excellent customer care; to maintain the highest level of communication with colleagues and customers.
What does the job entail?
- To work in conjunction with Nightshift Chargehand during nightshift.
- To allocate jobs to the technicians in conjunction with the Workshop Foreman based on estimated job duration, skill levels and job requirements.
- To liaise with parts personnel on parts requirements/progress, chasing etc.
- To monitor job status against required completion times in conjunction with workshop foreman.
- To communicate with the workshop and service advisors when completion times will or will not be met.
- To ensure an effective housekeeping policy is maintained.
- To maintain safety standards
- To organise overtime (with agreement of Service Manager) as required to meet customer workload demands.
- To raise or authorise purchase orders for non franchise parts and sub-contract services.
- To ensure completion of truckfile compliance documentation and all other documentation required as part of a job
- To ensure continued completion of DPD update sheet
- To carry out estimates as required
- To ensure all job status is accurate and up to date including conversations
- To ensure quality of job packs for processing
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a workshop/service reception environment is essential for this role
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality & reliability
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Potential discounts with 1600 retailers
- Access to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave
- Training/Career development
- Family day out passes