Aftersales Manager - Barnetts Volkswagen Dundee
45 hours Dundee Full Time
Barnetts Volkswagen Dundee
Basic salary up to £45,000 (OTE of up to £55,000) + Company Car
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a successful Aftersales Manager at a franchised dealership.
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- To develop After Sales Department plans and budgets to achieve agreed financial, marketing, staffing and sales targets.
- Ensure that recruitment is conducted with reference to current policies and procedures.
- Ensure that appraisals are conducted for each employee and training plans / staff development programmes are agreed and implemented at time intervals as periodically agreed.
- Create and maintain control systems for all departmental resources, financial, material and personnel.
- Create, agree and implement sales, merchandising, advertising and sales promotion plans to meet plans and budgets; maintain after sales reception area to a high standard and ensure effective display of parts and accessories.
- Continuously monitor Customer Services levels and take corrective action where necessary (training, discipline or new procedures)
- Utilise monthly accounts to monitor and control profitability and productivity, including workshop efficiency, debtors and working capital.
- Ensure that all warranty work is carried out within guidelines.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained and employees are trained in safe use of equipment and substances.
- Ensure that the premises and equipment are maintained to a high standard of repair, decoration and presentation as agreed with GM/Board.
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are met.
- Train parts and service staff in service and parts reception duties.
- Ensure the efficient and timely operation of administrative systems and operating procedures including: monthly stock orders; completion of statistical reports; invoicing of all parts; stock checks; stocks control etc.
- Resolve all customer parts enquiries and complaints in a competent and timely manner.
- To hold staff briefings for all staff on a regular basis and a written record kept in minute form.
- Assistance with any other task as directed.
What are we looking for?
- Present strong management and coaching skills gained in a similar role and environment.
- Possess excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Hold the ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment producing great results of outstanding customer service and selling.
- Have an interest in selling
- Can work across multi digital platforms
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence.
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers