Apprentice Service Technician - Western VW Fort Kinnaird
42 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Apprentice Service Technician
Western Volkswagen - Fort Kinnaird
Salary £10,505 per annum
Do you want to be an extraordinary Service Technician Apprentice? To be a Volkswagen Apprentice, you will need the right qualifications to start you on your learner journey. For Volkswagen this is a minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) in English, Maths and Science Grade 4 - 9 (A - C). You’ll also need to demonstrate your passion and enthusiasm for the job; show that you are a good listener and be interested in technology as a tool to fix problems. An ideal candidate will also want to be service orientated, focussed on quality and a real team player. If you can meet these requirements and believe in the brand values of Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird, you can stand out against the competition to become an Extraordinary Volkswagen Apprentice.
When you become a qualified Service Technician is not about grease, overalls and back-street garages. As a Service Technicians of today working for Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird you will work in a well-equipped dealership with the latest technology, in pristine environments. As a Service Technician you would be responsible for carrying out routine maintenance, and basic repairs as well as identifying and reporting faults on vehicles. At a more advanced level you’ll learn more about complex faults and repair them using sophisticated diagnostic equipment. At a highest-level Master Technician, you could be dealing with the most complex automotive systems as well as leading the workshop and the teams within it. You could also choose to specialise in certain areas. Some examples include; infotainment, connectivity or supplementary restraint systems with the potential to earn over £40000 Per Year.
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- To assist qualified technicians with servicing and repairs.
- To observe best work practices, develop and maintain skills levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of motor vehicles.
- To attend internal and external training courses as directed by management.
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- To maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the company.
- To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required.
- To ensure parts for warranty claims are retained and are cleaned and drained of oil, when necessary.
- To develop and maintain a thorough and current product knowledge.
- To ensure a consistently high level of quality and workmanship.
- To ensure all job cards are complete to the standards laid down.
- To work overtime as required if reasonable notice is given.
- To advise the Workshop Foreman or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during servicing.
- Assistance with any other task as directed.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality and reliability
- Commitment and self confidence
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
- A willingness to listen, learn & have an interest in all things cars
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.