Apprentice Service Technician - Western Commercial Dundee
40 hours Dundee Full Time
Apprentice Service Technician
Western Commercial, Dundee
Apprentice rates apply
Thank you for your interest in the Apprenticeship programme with Eastern Western Motor Group where we work with 14 of the world’s best loved brands across 37 sites in Central Scotland. Our Apprenticeship programme is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, industry-leading training and access to a team of highly experienced mentors to support you.
Why work for Eastern Western Motor Group?
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
What does the job entail?
Completing the Manufacturer's programme, enabling you to become a fully qualified Service Technician. During your Apprenticeship you will be:
- Attending internal and external training courses on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining thorough/current product knowledge.
- Observing best work practices, developing and maintaining skills levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles.
- Assisting qualified Technicians with vehicle servicing and repairs.
- Working collaboratively with your mentor to diagnose vehicle faults and agree the necessary repairs.
- Identifying any additional work required, making the Workshop Controller and Service Advisor aware of the requirements.
- Ensuring a consistently high level of quality and workmanship.
- Ensuring all job cards are complete to the required standard.
- Ensuring parts for warranty claims are retained and are cleaned/drained of oil.
- Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers