Centre Host - Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh Fort Kinnaird
14.5 hours Edinburgh Part Time
Showroom Host (Weekend Only)
Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh, Fort Kinnaird
Salary up to £7,201
Part of the family-owned Eastern Western Motor Group, Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh & Coldstream are the Mercedes-Benz Retailer for Edinburgh and the Borders. With sites at the Luxury Car Village, Newbridge; Fort Kinnaird in East Edinburgh; and Coldstream in the Scottish Borders, we have a total staff of more than 250 people! We sell a large number of New and Approved Used Mercedes-Benz and Smart cars; we have more than 35 service bays and carry a substantial stock of Mercedes-Benz Parts across all three locations. We have been awarded the prestigious Mercedes-Benz Retailer of the Year title in 2014 and 2018, together with Workshop Team of the Year in 2019 and the Customer Service Team of the Year for 2017 and 2021. A role within our Showroom Host team at Fort Kinnaird is a great opportunity for the successful candidate. You will be joining a team of people across the business who are focused on delivering great customer service whilst representing the best known automotive brand in the World!
What does the job entail?
- To attend to any visitor requirements/monitor customers in the showroom and attend to all their non-selling needs
- Contact the relevant staff member and introduce them to the customer, ensuring they are aware of the customer’s needs/requirements
- Cover telephonists/switchboard when required
- Answer overflow calls throughout the course of the day
- To ensure that any customer complaint is passed quickly and efficiently to the correct person to deal with the problem
- To manage the showroom, ensure it is clean and tidy and that brochures, stock lists and magazines are up to date
- To ensure the coffee bar is fully stocked, clean and attend to all customers refreshment needs
- To record footfall in the showroom
- To assist with any internal or external promotional activities and flexibility where possible
- Complete Daily Handover sheet for absentees
- Order flowers for handovers
- Sign in all sub-contractors
- Assistance with any other tasks as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer and quality focus
- Interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Planning, time management and organisation
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition, we offer a first class employee benefits package including:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers