Parts Van Driver - Western Commercial Bellshill
42 hours Bellshill Full Time
Parts Van Driver
Western Commercial, Bellshill
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To be courteous and helpful at all times.
- To organise deliveries in a prompt and efficient manner and to keep records as required.
- To drive a Company vehicle in a careful and proper manner showing due regard to the Road Traffic Act and Company Procedures.
- To keep the vehicle clean at all times and carry out regular checks on oil, water, battery lights and tyres.
- To carefully observe Company procedures regarding accidents and insurance claims and to report an accident or other occurrences relating to the Company vehicle without delay.
- To collect payment from customers, as directed by the Supervisor/Manager, and to ensure it’s accuracy.
- To complete any necessary documentation that may arise in the course of your duties.
- To have regard for the health and safety of others when handling items which are flammable, corrosive or toxic.
- To notify Supervisor/Manager of any vehicle defects.
- To take an active part in promoting the Eastern Western Motor Group through handing out current marketing leaflets.
- To develop the existing customer base through prospecting.
- To agree with your Line Manager on a monthly/annual basis the targets for volume and gross profit margins.
- To hold weekly meetings with your Line Manager to discuss monthly progress against targets.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of West Lothian/Midlothian and surrounding areas
- Full clean driver’s license
- Motor trade experience is desirable
- Quality & reliability
- Excellent Knowledge of Glasgow and surrounding areas would be advantageous
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers