S24h Breakdown Mobile Technician - Western Commercial Glasgow
45 hours Glasgow Full Time
HGV Mobile Technician (Service 24h breakdown)
Western Commercial - Glasgow
Salary Up to £33,930 DOE
At Western Commercial we pride ourselves on customer service, and are now looking for a new member to fit in to our service team as a dedicated Mercedes-Benz S24h Technician. This is a new role within the business due to expansion and development within the Mercedes-Benz S24h system.
You will be responsible for attending breakdowns and progressing vehicles through roadside assistance and the workshop in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a background in communicating with customers by phone and e-mail and be able to provide a first class service at all times. A good understanding of the commercial vehicle industry would be an advantage.
Duties will include the below but will not be limited to:
- Attending and repairing vehicles at roadside and customers depot.
- Accurate and full completion of all documentation relating to the repair.
- Ensure customers are informed timely of job progression / development through to a satisfactory resolution.
- Ensure that the necessary processes and procedures are understood and are followed thereby providing a consistent and professional service to the customer.
- Ensuring that all KPI’s set are adhered to all M4T SLA requirements are met.
- Coordination of vehicle recovery where necessary.
- Coordination of onward customer journey where necessary.
- Ensure at all times the safety of all team members, service, compliance and reliability of all vehicles
- Assistance with any other task as required
Our ideal candidate will have the following Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Time served LCV and or HGV technician preferably.
- An NVQ or City and Guilds in Motor Vehicles Level 3
- IVR Roadside Qualification would be an advantage
- Full driving licence in mandatory.
- HGV Class 1 or Class 2 would be preferred
- Previous experience as a roadside assistance technician would be preferred
- The candidate must have excellent diagnostic ability and be able to process repairs through to a satisfactory conclusion in a timely and effective manner.
- Good communication skills both internal and externally
- Have a good telephone manner
- You’ll need to be ready to drive to all kinds of locations, in all weather, and work quickly and efficiently
- The ability to think on your feet and cope with challenging circumstances
- Using your initiative to resolve challenging situations
- Great driving skills without a hint of aggression
- The ability to remain calm, collected and serene in the face of heavy traffic
- You won’t have had more than one accident in the past two years
- You’ll be a people person, able to put customers at their ease
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Potential discounts with 1600 retailers
- Access to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave
- Training/Career development
- Family day out passes
- Life Assurance
- Staff Intro Referral Scheme