Sales Executive - Mercedes-Benz of Dunfermline
40.5 hours Dunfermline Full Time
Mercedes-Benz of Dunfermline
Salary up to £27,000 plus Commission and Company Car (OTE £47,500 uncapped)
40.5 hour working week rota with every second weekend off
Part of the family owned Eastern Western Motor Group, Mercedes-Benz of Dunfermline is scheduled to open in September 2022 at Halbeath Motor Village. Joining our existing Mercedes-Benz businesses in Edinburgh and Coldstream, Mercedes-Benz of Dunfermline is an important addition which will allow us to serve a large and loyal local customer base. The site is currently being refitted and updated to the latest Mercedes-Benz standards throughout. This new business offers a great opportunity for the successful candidate and you will be joining a team of people in the business focused on delivering great customer service whilst representing the best known automotive brand in the World!
Within our existing business we have a total staff of more than 250 people, we sell a large number of New and Approved Used Mercedes-Benz and Smart cars, we have more than 35 service bays and carry a substantial stock of Mercedes-Benz Parts across all our locations. We are a multi-award winning Mercedes-Benz Retailer including most recently Retailer of the Year title 2018, Workshop Team of the Year in 2019 and Customer Service Team of the Year in 2021.
Nature of the Role
Our business continues to enjoy high demand for Approved Used Cars, from our customers both locally and from across the UK and Mercedes-Benz of Dunfermline will be focused on this. The role of Sales Executive involves handling incoming enquiries and talking to existing customers, presenting the car of interest either in person or digitally, appraising any part exchange being offered, discussing finance and additional products we offer and ensuring an overall first class buying experience. The job is always interesting and it will offer the successful candidate a long term and very rewarding career, with the guarantee of variety on a daily basis!
Why choose to join Mercedes-Benz of Dunfermline?
- Be part of the World’s best known Automotive Car Brand
- Join a new team in a brand new business and help us become successful!
- An outstanding 40.5 hour working week rota – to help you achieve a better work/life balance
- Excellent remuneration package
- The option of a Mercedes-Benz company car
- We are a well-established Mercedes-Benz Retailer with a focus on our customers
- Become part of the wider Eastern Western family
What does the job of a Sales Executive entail?
- Builds rapport and qualifies their understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Carry out telephone prospecting and follow up on marketing activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer databases.
- Coordinate order and delivery of vehicles with the Sales Administrator.
- Achieve monthly sales targets or expectations for new, used and demo vehicles, finance and insurance income.
- To follow internal sales procedures, including accurate recording of customer details, appraisal and compiling and maintaining a customer base, as well as ensuring all paperwork is completed on time, legibly and without error.
- To appraise part exchanges taking care to drive the vehicle and establish true mileages, date registered, service history, number of owners and be able to present to Management an accurate description of the vehicle using an appraisal form
- To ensure vehicles are paid for in full before delivery takes place.
- To take an active part in the presentation of the vehicle displays, and promotional materials.
- To maintain an active part in product training and keeping up to date with what is going on in the wider marketplace
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with excellent communication skills
- Previous sales experience – not necessarily in the motor trade
- Some who is results orientated
- Good numeracy skills
- Smart and presentable
- Enthusiastic about customer service
- PC literate
In addition, we offer a first class employee benefits package including:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount Scheme - We offer staff discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.