Service Advisor - Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh Newbridge
42.50 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Customer Service Advisor
Mercedes Benz of Edinburgh, Newbridge
Salary up to £26,000 + bonus earning opportunity (OTE £36,000)
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the Customer Service Advisor job entail?
- Greeting customers in a courteous and efficient manner, both in person and by telephone.
- Assessing the customers’ needs and requirements.
- Advising on service and/or repair requirements.
- Selling additional products and services.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of vehicle service, repair and warranty policies and product changes.
- Supplying accurate estimates for servicing and repairs, ensuring the customer is aware of costs and timescales involved.
- Accurately recording and communicating work instructions to the Workshop.
- Monitoring progress in the Workshop, ensuring promised delivery times are met.
- Communicating with the Workshop Controller when completion time will or will not be met, informing the customer in good time.
- Loading the workshop to the optimum level.
- Contacting customers for authorisation if additional work is necessary.
- Preparing and presenting invoices and obtaining payment.
- Maintaining the customer record system, using this to follow up with customers.
- Dealing with customer complaints within authority limits, reviewing these with the Department Manager.
- Maintaining the reception area to a high standard, ensuring displays, prices, etc are current.
What skills/experience do you need to be a Customer Service Advisor?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commitment, self-awareness and assertiveness
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition, we offer our Customer Service Advisors a first class employee benefits package including:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers