Service Technician - Western Commercial Broxburn
45 hours Edinburgh Full Time
HGV Nightshift Service Technician
Salary £39,780 (OTE £41,580) - £42,120 (OTE £44,020) DOE
- Additional overtime available on a weekly basis.
- 4-day week starting Monday PM and finishing Friday AM.
- Manufacturer Training and Qualification Programme.
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- To carry out work provided competently and within set timescale.
- To ensure consistently high levels of quality and workmanship.
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment and tools.
- To advise the Workshop Foreman or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during service.
- To ensure parts for Warranty & R&M Claims are retained and are cleaned and drained of oil, where necessary.
- To develop and maintain skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles.
- To maintain thorough and current product knowledge.
- To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required.
- To maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the company.
- To work overtime as required if reasonable notice is given.
- To ensure all job cards are completed to standards laid down.
- To liaise & seek advice from colleagues and supervisors in situations that are beyond the work specified.
- To work always towards delivering the highest possible level of customer service.
- To assist colleagues in their work roles and share best practise with the team.
- To liaise with customers when required to enable right first-time solutions are identified.
- Assistance with any other task as required.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Time served technician
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Technical skills
- Quality focused and reliable
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer oriented
- PC literate
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers