Service Technician - Western VW Fort Kinnaird
42 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird
Salary up to £37,128 + OTE of up to £43,128
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- Analysing work orders to identify what work has been agreed; detecting additional repairs required; and diagnosing faults.
- Performing repair work within the allocated timescale; achieving industry-leading standards of quality and process efficiency.
- Communicating with the Workshop Controller/Service Advisors to provide updates on the status of repairs, ensuring any additional work is carried out with the correct customer authorisation.
- Ensuring all work is completed in accordance with the Manufacturer's guidelines whilst maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Developing and maintaining skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles, maintaining thorough and current product knowledge.
- Sharing best practice with the team, ensuring consistently high levels of quality and workmanship
What are we looking for?
- Time served Vehicle Technician
- Experience in a similar role
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to providing high quality work
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers