Used Vehicle Sales Manager - Western VW Newbridge
42.5 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Used Vehicle Sales Manager
Western Volkswagen Newbridge
High on target earnings + Company Car
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- Supporting planning issues relevant to used sales, volume planning and profitability.
- Defining market goals for used vehicle sales, co-ordinating these with performance targets and business plan.
- Developing concepts to increase turnover and profitability in used Sales.
- Observing market price developments / carrying out analysis and benchmarking of competitors in the used vehicles business.
- Planning and managing/involvement in media advertising, direct marketing, events and customer loyalty activities.
- Ensuring the range of manufacturer additional services (leasing, financing, etc.) are available.
- Ensuring a model mix conforming to the market is available and an appropriate turnover rate of used vehicles.
- Ensuring an appropriate number of demonstration vehicles are available.
- Organising regular updating of used vehicle presentation.
- Monitoring vehicle orders and deliveries.
- Determining trade-in prices or clear targets for evaluating used vehicles.
- Regularly checking necessary price adjustments of used vehicles.
- Monitoring budgets and defined profit goals and objectives for the department and retail area.
- Ensuring regular reporting for Group Management.
- Ensuring processes are defined and upheld and optimising processes in Sales unit after prior agreement with Group management.
- Planning and managing customer surveys and other measures to assess customer satisfaction.
- Evaluating incoming complaints and arranging for measures to improve the situation/follow-ups to be carried out.
- Manage staff in relation to engagement, teamwork, job descriptions, rotas, appraisals, paperwork, training and health & safety.
- Assistance with any other task as directed.
What are we looking for?
- Must have previous experience in a similar role within the automotive industry
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Financial Awareness
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- People Management
- Leadership skills
- Change orientation, strategic vision and continuous improvement
- Proactive / Creative
- Leads by example
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers