Warranty Clerk/Administrator - Western VW Newbridge
45 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Western Volkswagen Newbridge
Salary up to £28,000
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- Receive all job cards with agreed warranty items and input all claims details i.e. labour item codes and parts numbers, produce warranty invoice and transmit to warranty provider/ manufacturer, ensuring that all claims are transmitted.
- Identify from warranty returns, parts for return and those for disposal, informing parts department of action required.
- Check any claims rejected and resubmit errors or in conjunction with Aftersales Manager, investigate and advise why rejected.
- Return documentation for rejected warranty items for re-costing to Aftersales/ Service Manager.
- Ensure good filing/control system processes are in place and adhered to.
- Participate and comply with warranty audits.
- Liaise with the Accounts Department to reconcile monthly credits with any outstanding amounts claimed.
- Ensure that the image and levels of customer service within the department is in line with company standards.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, and that any unresolved problems are referred to the job holder’s immediate supervisor or Aftersales Manager.
- Ensure that within their area of operation all Company and Trade Associations policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to.
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure Core Processes are delivered to all contacts.
- To provide back-up cover for the Service Reception if required.
- Assistance with any other task as directed.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Results orientated
- Financial Awareness
- Numeracy and data handling
- Problem solving and decision making skills
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers