Parts Advisor - Western Honda Edinburgh
45 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Western Honda Edinburgh
Salary £20,404.80 + Bonus Scheme
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To ensure all customers are dealt with promptly and courteously; build rapport and understand their requirements
- To be fully aware of the usual trading terms of the dealership
- Monitor and maintain agreed stock and accessory levels
- To ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
- To ensure all parts and accessories are correctly stored and the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness
- To retain awareness of promotions and marketing campaigns and maintain updated displays at all times
- To ensure that old units returned to the Parts department are clean
- To maintain a surcharge ledger, if appropriate
- To attend internal/external training courses as directed by management
- To ensure that the procedures for handling cash, cheques and accounts are fully adhered to
- To report any stock damage or stock losses to the manager
- To assist in stock checks when required
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch matters.
- To maintain good relationships with all suppliers and colleagues
- To deal with warranty material
- To advise on service and/or repair requirements and sell additional products and services
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of vehicle service, repair and warranty policies and product changes.
- To supply accurate estimates for servicing and repairs, ensuring the customer is aware of costs and timescales involved
- To accurately record and communicate customer work instructions to the Workshop Controller / Technician
- To monitor progress in workshop to ensure promised delivery times are met
- To load the workshop to the optimum level
- To contact customers for authorisation if additional work is necessary
- Prepare and present invoices and obtain payment
- Maintenance of customer record system and use to follow up customers
- Deal with customer complaints as prescribed, within authority limits and review with manager
- Maintain reception area to a high standard, ensuring displays, prices, etc. are current
- To monitor job status against required completion times in conjunction with Workshop Controller.
- To communicate with the Workshop Controller when completion time will or will not be met and inform the customer in good time.
- Maintenance of customer records and use to follow up customers
- Must be comfortable upselling extra work and have an understanding of the motor /HGV industry
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous parts department experience essential in automotive industry
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality & reliability
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Company Sick pay
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers