Sales Manager - Western Honda Dunfermline
42 hours Dunfermline Full Time
Western Honda Dunfermline
Salary DOE - OTE £52,500 but not capped + year end bonus potential
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and training.
What does the job entail?
- Establish and maintain a climate of total customer care.
- Carry out research to determine the departments present and future market and re-direct activities and plans accordingly
- Create, agree and implement sales merchandising, advertising and promotion plans in consultation with Directors, General Manager, Marketing Department and Manufacturers.
- Ensure the efficient and timely operation of all administration systems and operating procedures
- Be familiar with the company’s standing orders and conditions of employment.
- To ensure the total security of the building and articles in the department under your control
- To purchase used vehicles for retail sale within stock limits, in conjunction with GM
- To hold staff briefings on a regular basis and a written record kept in minute form
- Maintain control over expenses and overheads
- Liaise with GM on the preparation of the following year’s performance plans and monitor performance against plan on a monthly basis.
- Manage staff in relation to engagement, teamwork, job descriptions, rotas, appraisals, paperwork, training and health & safety
- Engagement/Dismissal of Staff within salaries budget, recommend engagement/dismissal to General Manager.
- Authorising of sales order invoices; ensuring invoicing procedures are followed and full payment is received prior to delivery unless agreement is received from a Director.
- No authority to enter into any legal or binding contracts without consulting with General Manager
- To ensure that all stock is maintained to a high standard and is regularly inspected and recorded.
- Ensure prospecting and follow up system is fully operational in every respect.
- Responsible for Department Operating profit, car volume, vehicle debtors, vehicle stock limited, CSI, housekeeping, vehicle documentation
- To ensure that FSA Regulations are adhered to at all times attending FSA training sessions/workshops/seminars; achieve the appropriate compliance level set and maintain this level of competence every 12 months.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Must have previous experience in a similar role within the automotive industry
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Financial Awareness
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- People Management
- Change orientation, strategic vision and continuous improvement
- Proactive / Creative
- Leads by example
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Potential discounts with 1600 retailers
- Access to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave
- Training/Career development
- Family day out passes
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers