Parts Advisor - Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh Newbridge
42.5 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Mercedes Benz of Edinburgh, Newbridge
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service, building rapport and understanding customers' requirements.
- Being fully aware of the usual trading terms of the dealership.
- Monitoring and maintaining agreed stock and accessory levels.
- Ensuring parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
- Ensuring all parts and accessories are correctly stored and the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Displaying awareness of promotions and marketing campaigns, maintaining up to date displays at all times.
- Ensuring old units returned to the Parts department are clean.
- Maintaining a surcharge ledger.
- Attending internal/external training courses.
- Ensuring that the procedures for handling cash, cheques and accounts are fully adhered to.
- Reporting any stock damage or stock losses to the manager.
- Assisting with stock checks.
- Demonstrating knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch processes.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all suppliers and colleagues.
- Dealing with warranty material.
What are we looking for?
- Previous parts experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality & reliability
In addition, we offer a first class employee benefits package including:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers