Receptionist/Telephonist - Western Commercial Glasgow
22.5 hours Glasgow Part Time
Western Commercial, Glasgow
22.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 1pm to 5.30pm
The successful candidate must be flexible to provide holiday cover
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To attend to customer requirements
- In input contract reports, new business forms etc. onto the computer system
- To type letters (general and customer) correspondence, memos etc.
- To monitor customers in the showroom and attend to their general needs if no Sales Executive is available.
- To operate the switchboard in an efficient and professional manner
- To make sure messages and faxes reach the relevant person/Department in a timely manner
- To make sure that a customer with a complaint is passed quickly and efficiently to the correct person to deal with the problem.
- To supply assistance to the Sales Executive/Managers as and when required.
- Assistance with any other tasks as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and well mannered
- Well presented
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to build relationships easily
- Problem solving and decision making skills
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds!!! On everything from your holidays to your weekly shop. Discounts are subject to change but here are a few examples of the amazing savings you can expect: Debenhams – 20% Boots – 11% House of Fraser – 12% Expedia – 12% Costa – 15%
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us. We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year pro rata which increases with length of service
- Your Family Matters - As a family run company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service and access to our staff saving scheme. We have corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond valley and many more!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.