Sales Administrator - Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh Newbridge
40 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh, Newbridge
Salary up to £23,000
Part of the family-owned Eastern Western Motor Group, Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh & Coldstream are the Mercedes-Benz retailer for Edinburgh and the Borders. With sites at Edinburgh's Luxury Car Village, Newbridge; Fort Kinnaird in East Edinburgh; Coldstream in the Scottish Borders; and our new site in Halbeath, Fife, we have a total staff of more than 250 people! We sell a large number of new and approved used Mercedes-Benz and Smart cars, we have more than 35 service bays and we carry a substantial stock of Mercedes-Benz Parts across all three locations. We were awarded the prestigious Mercedes-Benz Retailer of the Year title in 2014 and 2018, together with the Customer Service Team of the Year title for 2017 and Workshop Team of the Year in 2019.
A role within our Admin team is one which is rarely available and makes this a great opportunity for the successful candidate. You will be joining a team of people across the business who are focused on delivering great customer service whilst representing the best known automotive brand in the World!
In 2022, the Mercedes-Benz range is focused on the all-electric EQ range of cars plus a wider range of Plug-In Hybrid models, with several new models due to arrive over the next 12 months and beyond. Our Business also continues to enjoy high demand for Approved Used Cars, Servicing & Repair work and Parts from our customers both locally and from across the UK. The role of Sales Administrator is a key one within our team, covering a wide variety of tasks each day. Based at our main site in the Luxury Car Village, Newbridge, your role will be to assist our Sales Team and Managers with all Vehicle Admin tasks, ensuring the customer experience when purchasing a Mercedes-Benz or Smart is first-rate. It will offer the successful candidate a long term and very rewarding career, with the guarantee of variety on a daily basis!
What does the job entail?
- Maintaining customer records, mailing lists and record cards.
- Maintaining records of all promotion attendances, costs, follow up actions and substantiated sales.
- Providing reports to Sales Manager as required.
- Completing and processing all vehicle orders accurately as directed by Sales Manager, in line with sales orders, demonstrators or showroom stock requirements.
- Monitoring vehicle availability and transit to dealership.
- Collating and recording all new vehicle delivery information, creating files for new vehicles into stock and stock record book; create stock cards for new vehicles.
- Completing new car sales orders and PDI instructions, ensuring distribution of appropriate documentation to relevant Departments.
- Completing pre-delivery administration, arranging registration and Vehicle Excise Licences for all sold vehicles.
- Maintaining a supply of registration numbers.
- Maintaining records of all key numbers by chassis number.
- Timely preparation and accurate completion of all sales invoices.
- Creating and maintaining all used car stock cards and stock books.
- Providing administrative support to the Sales team, keeping them informed of customer order status.
- Maintaining a record of all tax renewals for Company Demonstrators to ensure timely renewal.
- Creating, updating and controlling stocklists, advising the Sales team on stock activity and liaising with the Sales Manager regarding ordering new stock.
- Providing accurate, appropriate data for financial reporting.
- Claiming manufacturers bonuses, campaign or sales bonuses, if appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a Sales Administrator within the Motor Industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition, we offer a first class employee benefits package including:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.